We often hear the phrasing, less is more, right? Well, the same rule also applies to your skincare and makeup!
The Natural Beauty
Ever wonder why some men find a woman with natural beauty more attractive? Simple, because they know what they're getting.
If you're looking for a natural look for spring, try a light shadow, mixed with near translucent liquid or powder foundation, along with a light gloss or chapstick.
If you want your makeup to look its best, the #1 thing you should do is take care of your natural skin!
How You Ask?
1. Start with drinking plenty of water! According to the United States Geological Survey, the human body is made up of 60% water. So making sure you are well hydrated is very important. So cut out the soda and sugary juices and choose H20 instead.
2. Cleansing - Use preventative measures to avoid breakout by properly cleaning your face. No more falling asleep with your makeup on ladies! It causes premature aging like wrinkles, and the oils in your foundations can clog pores and cause breakouts.
3. Toning - Making sure your skin's pH level is properly balanced is another important step in your skincare routine that you don't want to skip. Simply put, pH refers to how acidic or alkaline your skin is on a scale of 0 - 14, where 0 is mostly acidic and 14 is mostly alkaline. Your skin is naturally between 4.5 and 5.5. You can read more about this at Skin Authority. http://blog.skinauthority.com/how-does-ph-affect-your-skin/
4. Moisturizing - Once you've refreshed your body and face with water and cleansing, rebalanced your pH levels with a good toner, then you'll want to moisturize. Determine if your skin is usually dry and flaky, or if it’s normally oily. Maybe you have a combination of the two, where some parts of your face is dry, while other parts tend to become more oily. Each individual skin type will need a different kind of moisturizer. Need help choosing the right moisturizer for you? Check out WebMD for some help with making the right selection. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/features/moisturizers#1
5. The final tip we have...SMILE! Nothing says natural beauty like a woman with a big smile on her face. Smiling releases neuropeptides into the brain that helps to fight off stress. It can even help to lower your heart rate and blood-pressure by activating those feel-good hormones like endorphins and serotonin. Smiling can literally help you to be healthier! Read more at Psychology Today! https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201206/there-s-magic-in-your-smile
Try helping your skin look its best with the most natural makeup, or no makeup at all. You deserve to look and feel amazing, so what are you waiting for?!
Tell us your thoughts and leave us a comment!